Sunday, November 16, 2014

Syracuse PowerCon


This was my first time attending Syracuse PowerCon but will not be the last. It is currently a smaller convention similar to the type I remember from my childhood. The convention took place in the ballroom of the Liverpool Holiday Inn. The last time I was in this ballroom was a psychic convention over twenty years ago. My father and I went on a whim; we were amazed how seriously everyone took it. I ended up leaving with a picture of my aura and we had a good time. This time I was far more interested in the subject matter.
Admission was $7 for adults or $10 max per family, this was an awesome deal because it encouraged attendees make it a family outing. I commend them for encouraging and understanding geeking out has become affair.
The convention had a nice variety of creators and vendors with a good mix of products. I personally bought a Guardians of the Galaxy Lego Set (Christmas present) that has been sold out locally, a Sketch by Joe Orsak of Black Canary fighting Catwoman, a Rocket and Groot print also by Joe, and few other odds and ends.

I look forward to attending again in the future and hopefully by the next PowerCon we will have our booth ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment